Thursday, February 13, 2014

lissabon - mylou frencken


A gift from fellow student MC Lauppe! She translated the lyrics!




lissabon mylou frencken



lissabon
mylou frencken

lissabon, you have this singer here for me
-  only for me - and a few waiters
in this fado restaurant.
I don't know if you are familiar with the fado.
You have to sing the fado with your head held up high
and your chin has to rise even more at the beginning of each sentence
thus making the fado singer look like a sophisticated chicken
she doesn't look in our direction but at a certain point, I think,

on the ceiling ....
Oh, why?
Oh, why is that?
Maybe it is so that we cannot only hear the throaty sound of the fado, but see it as well

Oh, fado singer, please let me sing for a while.
I know quite a lot about your city
Oh, fado singer, please let me sing for a while.
I also have my memories ... and I can even remember them!

I once bought a nightgown in Lissabon
and even though I no longer have it, I never regretted it for a second
that purchase. It was in the sales.
It was full of flowers, ribbons and a button.
Lissabon, I don't sing to the balcony ( she means: with my head held high)
but I sing it very normal in a pleasant voice
while I look each and every person in the eye
so that I don't resemble some expensive, exquisite turkey

Oh, fado singer, I don't understand your language
But while I eat my sardines, I think I know what you're singing about
it must be about a vague, undestined longing
Why is that more interesting than my nightgown??
That I no longer have
I lost it quite some time ago now
Oh, why? So hard.
Is your story always that much worse and awful?
Your situation much heavier? Even more black than black!

Oh, fado singer
Please, give me some room now
---
Oh, fado singer
Please, let me sing now.
I also know a lot of beautiful things that have an 'au'-sound in it

There, look at your fado guitar player
He looks like he pees coarse sea salt
That guy is sitting there, as if he has just digitally given his last cent to his ex
Who is probably also such a witch, such a fucking witch, such a fucking fado witch

But that would be fantastic material for a fado!
Alimentado! Alimentado!
But no, once again it's "my heart" and "saudade"
Always the same dullness, the same clichés
---
always the same song
---
stop the screaming!

Get those sardines off the grill!
---
---
Man-o-man, what a beautiful fado! (she means the one she's singing herself :-)  )
Extremely beautiful fado.
Obrigado! Obrigado! For this wonderful fado.
Heeey, this is no gado-gado.

I no longer want these sardines
Here, my last 20 euro
but pleasssse, keep your CD to yourself! I won't take it!




No comments: