Monday, September 8, 2014

Boost your happiness



Here's an infographic focusing on 5 of the practices I'll come to learn  in the course. The staff asked us to share it on your networks hoping to reach even more people around the world before Sept. 9. It's tomorrow! Ooops!

I decided to give it a try listing the 3 good things that went well today.One thing that went well was the fact that I woke up early to the sound of heavy rain, then fell asleep and when it was time to get out of bed there was this marvelous sun shining all over the city. Summer is for sun, rain, please, please stay away! The second thing is that I went to the supermarket to get some fresh tomato and lettuce and on the way I found a little store with very nice bikini on sale. Soon the summer will be over but I really needed a new one. So I went into the store and found a real pretty and cheap and very good material bikini. Also had a very nice chat with the lady that works there. That was a good buy. I saved money and next year I'll have a new bikini to wear. I'm always trying to save and behave rational when I spent money as I don't earn much! The third good thing of the day that went well was that I got an email from a friend telling that finally he found a good job. He's in his 40's and it's not easy to get a job when we reach that kind of age. Good for him!

The staff also asked for a short video in which I should state my name, where I'm from, and what makes me happy. I did not do it. It looks like I'm starting very well, don't I?!! They said that we should send it only if we are comfortable with it being made public to the rest of the class. Well, I'm not used to making videos of myself or even selfies and get those circling the internet. For years and years I never uploaded a photo of myself. Now I am ok with that. Next century I'll be making videos of myself. But not selfies. I'm not into selfies. Definitely not into selfies. I did not make the video but I answered the survey.



So, what makes me happy? An easy way to answer it is like the things that does not make me unhappy...make me happy. I never think much about happiness. I just live my life the best I can. I never thought of boosting my actual happiness. I just fight to eliminate all that can bring me unhappiness! I try to pull away the negativity about everything, I try to look at both sides of the story and find the best of it, I try not to worry more than enough, when I have a problem I try to get over it as fast as I can...things like that helps me stay positive. 

But one thing that really makes me happy is the arrival of summer. In summer we get lots of light, days are bigger, we can leave our houses and offices and spend more time outside!  The weather has lots of power over me! I feel bad with the cold, the rain...In winter I get easilly grumpy! Also as soon as the warm weather arrives I can go to the beach. When I'm at the beach I can empty my mind completly. I do feel connected to nature. I am so grateful that I live close to the sea. From June to September I feel happier and healthier. I started enjoying the seaside when I was maybe 25 years old. Now I feel like I really need that summer escape to get my batteries running all through winter! This video was made on September 4! This is where you can find me in the afternoon, after 5 o'clock whenever the sun allows!

No comments: